WHEN ‘N WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
– June 11th 1987 in Germany / Karlsruhe
WHEN DID YOU START DJING ‘N MIXING?
– i started at the age of 16, making blends and a bit later my own mixtapes. i switched tha names of my mixtape series a few times until i found my actual brand name “block party”.
WHAT IS BLOCK PARTY?
– block party is a 1-2 hour mix of straight hip hop, rnb or house. i switch the music style from volume to volume.
my last three block party volumes were party, dacen house music. you know the typical music you rock to at clubs.
HOW DID YOU GET IN TOUCH WITH THE USA?
– myspace was the first step. i used to get in touch with artists and djs from the united states. the website helped me a lot, this how i got in touch with dj woogie, who brought me to the shadyville dj’s. i started doing mixtapes with unknown/unsigned artists and later with known and independent artists like mr.focus grafh and j-hood.
DO YOU WORK WITH DIFFERENT ARTISTS NOWADAY?
– yes i work with a bunch of different artists and music genres but i always keep my core of artists im down with since i started doin mixtapes with major artists like 2 pistols, chopper young city and diamond.
im also mixing the mixtape-serie “i hate monday” by mr.focus, we are family.
YOU HAD ANY CONTACT TO THE USA BEFORE YOU BECAME DJ DAMMIT?
– not really, a part of my family has been thiere for a long time but i was never there… sad right (laugh) but my grand-grandma’s cousin was ROCK HUDSON, the most people might know him. he was an successful actor next to JAMES DEAN.
WHAT WAS YOU BIGGEST PROJECT?
– defenitly the 2pistols, diamond and chopper city mixtape. we did it the right time and made some good numbers on the internet. i had some major support on my block party projects by sean kingston, kid ink, lloyd banks,
dj woogie, whoo kid and many more.
but one of the greatest time was back in 2010 when iv been on clubtour with dj woogie, scola of dru hill and hot rod – those were some of my craziest days inmy life, thanks guys! …and purple sprite aint that great haha
YOU GOT ANY OTHER TALENTS?
– im not quiet sure if its a talent but.. yes it is. im designing cover, promo, flyer artworks for me and other artists.
i think it’s a good thing to bring me down because i started drawing at the age of 10 until i became 19. that was the time when i started working and never had time and nervs to draw beauce i’m always in rush. sometimes it feels like im on teh rush-hour the whole day. starts with waking up … and i hate to wake up and start my day, next to getting ready, goin to work until 5pm, coming home, dinner, showe, doin music until midnight and the next day getting up at 6am. thats my whole week, crazy right? buit im drivitin away from the question a little bit 🙂
actually im doin a clothing line with dj woogie called “ill society”. i designed our logo and all the shirt/hoodie designs. all examples for the line came out really hot, i think the people will reconize “ill society” this year.
OKAY, YOU GOT ANYTHING ELSE TO DAY?
– thanks you all for showing me love, supporting and listening to my block party mixtapes and hopefully buying “ill society” hoodies and t-shirts 🙂 yes thats it shoutout to my whole team im working with in the music biz… dj dammit, im out.
Copy and paste the link below to check out his mixes. I believe itll make any party a party. And if you love the ladies Im sure this is there type of music.